Welcome to the Spindrifters blog!


If you wish to be added to the Spindrifter's Newsletter list, please leave a message in the comments on this blog & our newsletter editor will get back to you.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's time for THE NW WASHINGTON FAIR!!



 
 Welcome to the Wool Show!

Artists & crafters from all over the region will have their items on display this week at the NW Washington Fair in Lynden WA

 We hope that you'll stop by and take a look!

Here are a few things from past fairs to show you -




There will be spinners spinning. 


And Weavers, weaving!  

  And beautiful shawls, scarves, hand-spun yarn and all manner of hand made items for you to look at. 















































And best of all, we have these beautiful new signs made by our friend Allen Berry!  What a talent!  I just know that they will bring a lot of people in to look at our displays.

And many kudos to Niki Kuklenski, who took on the HUGE job as Wool Show Superintendent!  She has put in many, many hours and has whipped us all into shape.  There will be people demonstrating spinning, weaving, drop spindling, and more all week long.  We hope you can stop by and say hello! 





9 comments:

mila said...

My grandmother was a spinner and a weaver. I remember watching her as a child and loving the art. She taught me a bit, but I have long forgotten all the skills. I'd love to learn again. Please include me in your newsletter. I'd like to learn and join your group. Thank you,
Emilie Jenkins
emilie.l.jenkins@gmail.com

mila said...

My grandmother was a spinner and a weaver. I remember watching her as a child and loving the art. She taught me a bit, but I have long forgotten all the skills. I'd love to learn again. Please include me in your newsletter. I'd like to learn and join your group. Thank you,
Emilie Jenkins
emilie.l.jenkins@gmail.com

Katie said...

Hello,
I learned about the Spindrifters at the Skillshare Faire and am excited to learn more and become a better spinner by attending a meeting. Please add me to your newsletter!
Thanks,
Katie
katarinabunge@gmail.com

Spintoknit said...

Hello, I live in Anacortes and am looking for a spinning guild in the area. Just missed your last mtg. Hope to attend Oct.'s mtg. Please include me in your list of newsletter recipients.
Thank you,
Christine
fiber4art@gmail.com

Glenda said...

I live on Camano Island and am looking for a spinning guild. Please send me your newsletter.
Thank you
Glenda
andyglen50@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I am a beginner spinner in Bellingham. Please add me to your newsletter. Margaret from Northwest Handspun told me there is a meeting Feb. 14. I would love to attend. Thanks, Val McWhorter
vmcwhort@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I have just learned to spin this year and would like to meet others who have the same interest. My daughter and I both spin and would love to get your newsletter and come spin with you.

Sylvia
shakti2u@yahoo.com

Mary said...

Wonderful show today at the Lynden Fair. I enjoyed it so much. Yes can you please add me to your newsletter, too? Thank you,
Mary Burgess
maryburgess555@gmail.com

Michelle J said...

Hi. Can I be added to the newsletter? My email address is:
MichelleJefferson121@gmail.com

Thank you!

Michelle Jefferson